The following are ways to minimize holes when sewing Roc-lon® blackout fabric:
- Use a straight stitch.
- Use a maximum of 5 to 6 stitches per inch.
- Use a Mercerized COTTON or a Texturized Polyester thread when sewing blackout lining. These threads tend to plug up needle-holes.
- Use a Teflon Needle – Teflon needles will not heat up as much as others. (excessive heat can cause bigger holes).
- Use Loose Tension – this eliminates making oval shaped holes in blackout while sewing.
- Use a “French seam ” or “over-lap stitch” to eliminate needle-holes on seam stitches. These types of stitches work wonders and provide a “custom look” to the finished drapery.